PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Jingle Bell Candle Holder

I was online this morning when I came across a cute candle holder at Kohl's:

Very cute, right?  Well, a trip to Wal-mart, some spray paint and glue and I have my own!

What you need:

Package of jingle bells, around $2.50
Spray paint
Hot glue
Form to adhere to (I used a 4 1/2 inch glass plate)

The package that I got had both silver and gold bells and since I wanted three colors, one being silver, I divided them into three piles with one being all silver.  Makes sense, right?

Took the other two outside and spray painted. 



Note to self....... In the future use 2 pieces of newspaper and move a little further apart.  Had to re-paint some of the red ones.

Here they are all pretty and ready to be attached.  Please excuse the candles used, my candle holder will be getting the pretty white new candle it deserves.  And oh, please excuse the craft table mess too.......



I orginally planned to trace the candle and cut a cardboard or felt form but remembered that I had a glass holder in the cabinet.  I would think either of those would work as well.  Picked a color and started gluing.  Lucky for me it ended up being almost a perfect fit because I did not even think about measuring it out.



And again with a sad candle:



I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!  But, I will admit that I like the different sizes the original had but Wal-mart only had one size and I really didn't want to search for more or increase the project price.

I plan on picking more bells up after Christmas and maybe create a bigger one using a plate from the dollar store.

Thanks for stopping by!

Check out the place I party here!

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by the Sunday Social at The Kurtz Corner! Following you now! :) Cute candle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute! Such a great idea! Found you at Next 2 Nothing Crafts. I'm also following now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute project and green too if you have some laying around. Thanks!I've posted it up on my blogs FB page.

    Amber
    www.lifelovegreen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project and I love the colors you chose to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! Love the colors you chose. What color blue spraypaint did you use? Thanks for linking up as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allie, still trying to figure this whole reply to comments thing so hopefully you will see this..... I used Rust-oleum satin in Aqua. Not my favorite brand but I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! What a great ideas using a larger plate and different size bells. Donna - you are so smart! I have tons of extra bells from a UFO in my craft mess. Did you know that dollar stores have different sized bells especially at Christmas time? Not expensive and if you are going by anyway...

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love me a can of sprat paint and what it can do!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and clever. Love the color combination. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore it, so amazingly clever. I will certainly be giving this a go (perhaps not this year) Thanks for sharing, I will follow on my way out so I know the path back to your lovely blog. I hope you will find the time to come visit my place soon and do the same. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and look forward to supporting your blog in 2012. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always great to find another creative blog site...Great idea. I'm a new follower. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so simple and great way to spice up a holiday table. Thanks for sharing. I am a new GFC and FB follower visiting from Creation Station. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Donna, what a cute Christmas decoration. I think you did a lovely job. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute!! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    Melanie
    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's SO cute! It seems simple enough, and cheap too, and I like that you can choose your own colors that way! I would looove for you to share it here:
    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/shine-on-fridays-6-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. How clever! I love the color combo, and using the glass dish was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is any of that paint Rust-Oleum?? I hope so and if it is I would love for you to add it to my Rust-Oleum LOVE Project Parade!! Here is the link: http://kissedbyafrog.blogspot.com/p/rust-oleum-craft-project-parade-linky.html
    Awesome, I love this too!!
    HUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a clever project! I'm a new follower, please drop by for a visit when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another great idea! I love the thriftiness of your great projects!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Best wishes for a fabulous New Year 2012!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely work !! thanks for sharing @ sweet little gals

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute! I love decorating with jingle bells for the holidays. And I would like to get the spray painting done before it gets too cold!

    I would love it if you would share this at my new 12 Days of Christmas in July linky party. You can link up here:

    http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/twelve-days-of-christmas-in-july-linky.html

    I can’t wait to get organized for a peaceful and frugal holiday season!

    ReplyDelete